SumBlox Starter Set
Sumblox 27 Piece Starter kit includes: 27 solid hardwood beech blocks.
For what age are SumBlox best suited?
SumBlox are great for children and adults of all ages but are best suited, academically, for children ages 2-12.
What mathematical concepts can SumBlox teach?
Students can learn a wealth of information through play and hands-on exploration. These topics include:
- One-to-one correspondence
- Compare numbers
- Number sequence
- Hierarchical Inclusion
- Understanding our base-ten system
- Place value
- Measuring Lengths
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Understand Equivalence
- Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common
- Algebraic Thinking
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight
- Classify objects into given categories
Addition / Subtraction
- Solve Addition and Subtraction word problems using objects
- Compose and decompose numbers
- Find missing addends
- Skip counting
Multiplication / Division
- Define multiplication; emphasis on multiples
- Find factors of whole numbers and use commutative property of multiplication
- Classify whole numbers (greater than one) as prime or composite
- Draw conclusions about the factors of a whole number
- Use associative property of multiplication
- Use distributive property of multiplication
Fractions / Adding Fractions
- Define denominator of fractions
- Define numerator of fractions within halves, fourths, and eights
- Find equivalent fractions within thirds, sixths, ninths, and twelfths
- Compare two fractions using inequality symbols
- Compare and order three fractions using compound inequalities
- Find the value of a fraction of a whole number
- Find the fraction, or part, a given value is of a whole value
- Add two fractions with the same denominator to get a sum up to one whole and fully decompose a given fraction
- Add two fraction addends with the same denominator to get a sum greater than one whole
- Add multiple fraction addends to find sums greater than one whole and represent sums in improper form and mixed numbers
- Add two fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale one of the addends)
- Add three fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale two of the addends)
- Add two fractions addends with different denominators (having to scale all addends to find a common denominator)
Some items can be back ordered when they are not in stock. See below for examples of estimated shipping dates.
|Order Date||Expected Shipping|
|1st of June||15th of July|
|15th of June||15th of July|
|27th of June||15th of July|
If you have any questions please get in touch.
We now provide multiple ways of spreading the cost of your order. Below is a summary of the different services.
Split the cost over several months.
Upfront: Choose to pay between 20% - 50%
1x Holztiger Ark @ £349.99
You would pay £70.00 today, and then £21.54 every 2 weeks for the next 6 months.
|Pay after delivery (Klarna)||
Payment is scheduled for 30 days after your order has been shipped.
Order is split over 6 weekly payments.
Upfront: 1st payment
|Slice It (Klarna)||
Order is split over 3 monthly payments.
Upfront: 1st payment
10% off your first order
To apply discount you'll be asked to enter a promotion code during checkout.