SumBlox Starter Set
Oh no it's not in stock!
Order before the 1st of the month for delivery by the following month (most of the time sooner).
You can also use our savings club to spread the cost (0% interest) until it's back in stock. Find out more by clicking on the payment plans tab below.
Help introduce children to the SumBlox learning games with the SumBlox Starter Set.
Featuring 27 solid beechwood pieces, activity guides and a maths guide to help you guide your child through learning. By stacking the numbers in different sequences, your child will learn to add, subtract, multiply and divide in addition to other mathematical skills. Play is designed to be fun and educational, suitable for ages 2-12, with different activities to help children develop as they grow.
The SumBlox Starter Set can help parents and teachers supplement learning to help children boost their education while having fun. In addition to learning maths skills, children will learn to develop hand-eye coordination, motor skills and build up communication skills while playing with other children. Kids will enjoy solving various puzzles while learning key STEM skills, making it the ideal activity for both the classroom and at home.
As the perfect introduction to the SumBlox collection, the SumBlox Starter Set comes with everything you need to encourage your children to learn about mathematics through play.
For what age are SumBlox best suited?
SumBlox are great for children and adults of all ages but are best suited, academically, for children ages 2-12.
What mathematical concepts can SumBlox teach?
Students can learn a wealth of information through play and hands-on exploration. These topics include:
- One-to-one correspondence
- Compare numbers
- Number sequence
- Hierarchical Inclusion
- Understanding our base-ten system
- Place value
- Measuring Lengths
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Understand Equivalence
- Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common
- Algebraic Thinking
- Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight
- Classify objects into given categories
Addition / Subtraction
- Solve Addition and Subtraction word problems using objects
- Compose and decompose numbers
- Find missing addends
- Skip counting
Multiplication / Division
- Define multiplication; emphasis on multiples
- Find factors of whole numbers and use commutative property of multiplication
- Classify whole numbers (greater than one) as prime or composite
- Draw conclusions about the factors of a whole number
- Use associative property of multiplication
- Use distributive property of multiplication
Fractions / Adding Fractions
- Define denominator of fractions
- Define numerator of fractions within halves, fourths, and eights
- Find equivalent fractions within thirds, sixths, ninths, and twelfths
- Compare two fractions using inequality symbols
- Compare and order three fractions using compound inequalities
- Find the value of a fraction of a whole number
- Find the fraction, or part, a given value is of a whole value
- Add two fractions with the same denominator to get a sum up to one whole and fully decompose a given fraction
- Add two fraction addends with the same denominator to get a sum greater than one whole
- Add multiple fraction addends to find sums greater than one whole and represent sums in improper form and mixed numbers
- Add two fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale one of the addends)
- Add three fraction addends with different denominators (only having to scale two of the addends)
- Add two fractions addends with different denominators (having to scale all addends to find a common denominator)
Some items can be back ordered when they are not in stock. See below for examples of estimated shipping dates.
|Order Date||Expected Shipping|
|1st of June||15th of July|
|15th of June||15th of July|
|27th of June||15th of July|
If you have any questions please get in touch.
We now provide multiple ways of spreading the cost of your order. Below is a summary of the different services.
Split the cost over several months.
Upfront: Choose to pay between 20% - 50%
1x Holztiger Ark @ £349.99
You would pay £70.00 today, and then £21.54 every 2 weeks for the next 6 months.
|Pay after delivery (Klarna)||
Payment is scheduled for 30 days after your order has been shipped.
Order is split over 6 weekly payments.
Upfront: 1st payment
|Slice It (Klarna)||
Order is split over 3 monthly payments.
Upfront: 1st payment
10% off your first order
To apply discount you'll be asked to enter a promotion code during checkout.